Help | Tools | Resources
GET THE MOST OUT OF VIRTUAL SBC!
Experience Virtual SBC through our "digital convention center" - a cool, immersive experience similar to being in-person! Watch our sneak peek videos to see what it looks like and how it all works!
Access to the live event platform will begin on November 3, but don't worry, we'll post entrance links on the website and send them to you via email. All content - sessions, the virtual exhibit hall, 1:1 appointments, and chat and discussion groups must be accessed via your personal login to the live event platform (login credentials are the same as your Attendee Service Center (ASC) login).
Have a question about Virtual SBC? Contact us and someone from SAME staff will be able to assist.
• Phone: 703-549-3800
• Chat: Use the chat feature on our SAME homepage or in the bottom right-hand corner of the VSBC website for immediate assistance.
Before the Conference
Sneak Peek Videos:
Want to get familiarized with our virtual platform before the big event? Want to make sure you can connect on your work device? Watch videos about different functions of the platform so you feel ready!
Plan your Schedule:
Start thinking about which sessions you'd like to join
and which exhibiting companies you’d like to visit
Planning and preparation are key to participating in any event…even if it’s virtual. Review the How to Prepare for SBC page for the top 10 ways the SAME National Small Business Community of Interest suggests you get ready. Participate in one of our pre-conference webinars to make sure you maximize your investment in SBC.
Test Your Equipment
- We recommend you use a computer or a tablet for the best experience. The system is not responsive on a cell phone.
- Chrome and Firefox are the recommended browsers and will give you the best experience. Be sure you are not on a VPN during the conference as you will not be able to access the sessions in Big Marker.
- Do a few systems checks as soon as possible!
- Run an Internet Speed Test to ensure a good browsing experience. Any speed less than 25 mbps may result in slower page loads.
- Big Marker is the session platform we’ll be using. Run a Big Marker systems check to ensure smooth sailing for session participation.
- Test your system at again at least 60 minutes prior to the live event. This includes your network connection, device battery life (including keyboard and mouse!), and speakers.
Now for the FUN stuff…
- Share your story - Marketing Tool Kits & Social Media Graphics
- Need to convince your boss? Use the Justification Toolkit
- Hear why our attendees are excited about Virtual SBC
- Participate in Coffee, Cookie & Lunch Break Selfie challenges to win Starbucks gift cards, Panera Bread gift cards and sweet treats.
- Follow using #VSBC, #BuiltByTheExperts
During the Conference
- Remember, we've got a true virtual reality experience for you with our new conference portal! During the live event, you'll login to the live event platform and get the feeling like you're really at a convention center!
- Use the My Agenda feature to stay organized and make sure you hit your targets.
- Visit the Expo Hall to find the services and products you need.
- Use the networking portal to engage in discussion groups and talk with other attendees.
- Be an active participant during sessions by submitting questions to speakers using the Q&A toolbar.
- Download resources and contacts to your eBag to access after the conference.
- Be respectful.
- Provide feedback.
- Wear comfy yet professional clothing (our platform has 1:1 video meet ups!) and participate in our daily energizing activities.
After the Conference
- Fill out the VSBC evaluation that you will receive via e-mail. Your feedback matters and will make a difference for future first-timers.
- Not a member? Take the next step and join our nearly 29,000 members worldwide! Complete your online application today.
- Download session presentations and listen to the recordings to continue building your skills (recordings will be available about a week after VSBC via the ASC).
- You’ve earned it! Download the Virtual SBC PDH Form.
- Relive and share the excitement with colleagues who were not able to attend by visiting the SAME Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages
- View the attendee list in the app, or download it from the ASC to collect contact information for any contacts you developed that you would like to continue after the event has ended.