Resources & FAQs
Get the most out of SBC!
SBC will be held in-person at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta with a virtual participation option available. Get the most up-to-date information by using our resources and FAQs below. These pages are updated continuously so check back for the most information.
Before the ConferenceEffective immediately, we will be REQUIRING all SBC participants to be Fully Vaccinated. Please read the “Health and Safety at SBC” page on the SBC website here: SBC Health & Safety
- Register: The best way to save money is to register early. Registration information and deadlines will be available soon on the Registration page.
- TIP…Hold on to your registration receipt for reimbursement.
- Make travel arrangements: Atlanta is home to the busiest and most efficient airport in the world: Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. Learn more about traveling to SBC.
- Book your hotel: Pick one of the local area hotels on the Travel and Lodging page that best meets your needs. SAME has negotiated room blocks with several hotels near the Convention Center. SBC Travel & Lodging
- Plan your Schedule: Start thinking about which sessions you'd like to join and which exhibiting companies you’d like to visit during SBC. Participate in one of our pre-conference webinars to make sure you maximize your investment in SBC.
- Monday, October 18, 3:00 - 4:00 pm EST: Exhibitor Orientation & Training Webinar
- Monday, October 18, 4:30 - 5:00 pm EST: Networking Host Orientation & Training Webinar
- First-timers are highly encouraged to sign up for the Attendee Orientation & Training Webinar, Monday, November 8, 3:00 - 4:30 PM EST
- Pack for your trip: The conference dress code is business casual. We recommend wearing comfortable shoes and dressing in layers because the meeting rooms can get cold.
Now for the FUN stuff…• Share how you're participating in SBC - Marketing Tool Kits & Social Media Graphics
• Participate in Coffee, Cookie & Lunch Break Selfie challenges to win Starbucks gift cards, Panera Bread gift cards and sweet treats. Follow using #SBC21
At the Conference• SAME is requiring those attending SBC in-person to be Fully Vaccinated.
• Effective July 28, the city of Atlanta, GA requires that all persons in a public place, including private businesses and establishments, wear a mask or a cloth face covering over their nose and mouth when indoors. This means that ALL SBC PARTICIPANTS must wear a mask at the event unless the executive order is lifted prior to the conference. Read Executive Order here.
• Review the SBC health and safety guidelines here: https://www.samesbc.org/health_and_safety.cfm
• Check in: The SBC registration desk will be open from 7am -5pm on November 15 each morning during the event.
• Attend the Networking Reception in the Exhibit Hall on Wednesday, November 17
• Wear comfortable professional clothing and shoes!
Virtual Attendees Only…• During the live event, you'll login to the live event platform and get the feeling like you're really at a convention center!
• Use the My Agenda feature to stay organized and make sure you hit your targets.
• Visit the Expo Hall to find the services and products you need. Use the networking portal to engage in discussion groups and talk with other attendees.
• Be an active participant during sessions by submitting questions to speakers using the Q&A toolbar.
• Download resources and contacts to your e-Bag to access after the conference.
• Be respectful and Provide feedback.
• Wear comfy yet professional clothing (our platform has 1:1 video meet ups!)
• Participate in our daily energizing activities.
After the Conference• Fill out the SBC survey that you will receive via e-mail. Your feedback matters and will make a difference for future first-timers.
• Not a member? Take the next step and join our nearly 29,000 members worldwide! Complete your online application today.
• Download session presentations and listen to the recordings to continue building your skills (recordings will be available about a week after SBC via the ASC).
• You’ve earned it! Download the SBC PDH Form.
• Relive and share the excitement with colleagues who were not able to attend by visiting the SAME Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages
• View the attendee list in the app or download it from the ASC to collect contact information for any contacts you developed that you would like to continue after the event has ended.