Health and Safety at SBCSAME continues to monitor the changing landscape involving the CDC guidelines in regard to COVID-19 safety protocols. As guidelines change, we are excited about what this means for the return to in-person events, yet want to create an environment that ensures the wellbeing of our participants.
We improve professionally and personally through collaboration & connecting and want to be as inclusive as possible. SAME encourages those attending events in-person to be vaccinated; however, vaccination is not required for in-person attendance.
To safely accommodate SAME event participants, as of July 29, the following guidelines and operations are in place for in-person events regardless of when the event occurs. Guidelines may change over time. All participants are required to follow the guidelines in place at the time of the event, regardless of notification or date established, and by signing up to participate in an SAME event, you agree you understand and agree to abide by these guidelines as well as the SAME Code of Conduct.
- Participants must follow all local guidelines in place during the event. That means those set by local and state governments and the facilities being used.
- Effective July 28, the city of Atlanta, GA requires that all persons in a public place, including private businesses and establishments, wear a mask or a cloth face covering over their nose and mouth when indoors. This means that ALL SBC PARTICIPANTS must wear a mask at the event unless the executive order is lifted prior to the conference. Read Executive Order here.
- All participants must follow all guidelines while traveling. That means those set by transportation carriers, airports, and other transportation facilities being used.
- Those who have tested positive for COVID-19, are waiting for COVID-19 test results, have COVID-19 symptoms, or are otherwise ill, should not attend.
- All participants should follow everyday preventative actions to help prevent the spread of germs such as washing hands often or using sanitizer. Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the event and venue.
- There will be enhanced sanitation throughout the course of the event, with a focus on “high-touch areas” such as door handles, restrooms, and food and beverage areas.
- Physical distancing, activity limits, and crowd density controls are currently not required.
- Should we need to implement these measures, this will be first managed by methods such as using limited, staggered, or rotating shifts and attendance times.
- In relation to the exhibit hall, to best balance current demand yet allow the greatest ease of enabling distancing/participation limitation measures should they become necessary, the following protocols have been established:
- No booth sharing – only one company may purchase/occupy a booth.
- Booths may be no larger than 20x20.
- Special attraction areas in the exhibit hall have been eliminated.
- Participants will abide by enforcement measures such as showing proof of vaccination, putting on a mask when requested, quickly adhering to directions to distance from others, etc.
SAME will continue to evaluate what is best to ensure we meet safely and you are comfortable. We will update policies, procedures, and protocols as we get closer to the event.
SAME has the right to update this policy at any time at its sole discretion and will follow all applicable federal, state, local, and Center for Disease Control guidelines and requirements.