Health and Safety at SBCSAME continues to monitor the changing landscape in regard to COVID-19 safety protocols. As guidelines change, we will update this page so you have the most current information.
We improve professionally and personally through collaboration & connecting and want to be as inclusive as possible. SAME is requiring those attending SBC to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or take a rapid test upon arrival with a Negative test result (administered onsite at the Music City Center; outside test results will not be accepted) . If the test result is positive, you must quarantine and cannot participate in SBC activities. No refunds will be provided. One is considered fully vaccinated two-weeks after their second dose of a two-dose vaccine series or two-weeks after a single-dose vaccine.
To safely accommodate SAME event participants, all participants are required to follow the guidelines in place at the time of the event, regardless of notification or date established, and by signing up to participate in an SAME event, you agree you understand and will abide by these guidelines as well as the SAME Code of Conduct.
- Participants must follow all local guidelines in place during the event. That means those set by local and state governments and the facilities being used.
- Current information about COVID-19 requirements and restrictions in Nashville can be found HERE.
- COVID-19 Information specifically for the Music City Center can be found HERE.
- Participants must adhere to the following SBC health and safety procedures:
- Do not attend if you test positive for COVID-19 within 5 days prior to arrival.
- Do not attend if someone in your household has tested positive for COVID-19 within 5 days prior to arrival.
- Participants will quarantine and must not participate in any in-person conference events if they experience any symptoms of COVID-19 while at SBC.
- All participants must follow all guidelines while traveling. That means those set by transportation carriers, airports, and other transportation facilities being used.
- Those who have tested positive for COVID-19, are waiting for COVID-19 test results, have COVID-19 symptoms, or are otherwise ill, should not attend.
- All participants should follow everyday preventative actions to help prevent the spread of germs such as washing hands often or using sanitizer. Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the event and venue.
- Physical distancing, activity limits, and crowd density controls are currently not required. Should we need to implement these measures, this will be first managed by methods such as using limited, staggered, or rotating shifts and attendance times.
- Participants will abide by enforcement measures such as showing proof of vaccination, putting on a mask when requested, quickly adhering to directions to distance from others, etc.
- All individuals onsite at SBC must be eighteen (18) years of age or older. There are no exceptions to this policy.
SAME has the right to update this policy at any time at its sole discretion and will follow all applicable federal, state, local, and Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines and requirements.