SAME's Federal Small Business Conference
SBC 2021 was held at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta the week of November 15 with virtual participation available. All speakers participated in-person. We added a series of "SBC Encore" engagements December 1-3, which were all presented virtually.
The Small Business Conference for the Federal Architecture, Engineering, Construction and Facility Maintenance/Management Industry (SBC) brings together federal agencies and businesses operating in the federal marketplace to:
- Deliver the most comprehensive and useful market research experience possible for all attendees
- Learn of and/or share upcoming contracting opportunities for small businesses
- Connect with teaming partners
- Support the nation's contracting goals
- Engage in above-board networking between private companies and federal program managers and procurement/contracting officers.
More than a dozen federal agencies have participated in SBC over the last few years, including the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers; Naval Facilities Engineering Command; Air Force Civil Engineer Center; Department of Veterans Affairs; Veterans Health Administration; Department of Energy; General Services Administration; Department of State; Small Business Administration; Environmental Protection Agency; Federal Emergency Management Agency; and National Aeronautics & Space Administration. With a return to an in-person event with an option for virtual participation, the 2021 SBC offered unparalleled value and delivered unmatched return-on-investment.
Key elements of the conference:
- Business opportunity briefings where government agencies share the upcoming procurement/contracting requirements they have for small businesses
- Education sessions aimed at providing insights into how small businesses can be more successful in the federal market
- Matched Networking that connects small businesses with government agencies and large businesses in a one-on-one appointment format
- An Exhibit Hall with hundreds of agencies and businesses that want to connect for success
- Plenary sessions that engage and inspire
Small businesses working or aspiring to work in the Federal market should plan ahead and include SBC in their annual budget as a must-attend event guaranteed to prove great returns on investment. To learn more about what you can expect at SBC, review the plethora of articles from past attendees with #SBC. View SAME's Blog.
Dates for Future SBCs
- 2022 - November 1-3: Music City Center, Nashville, Tennessee
- 2023 - October 31-November 2: Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, San Antonio, Texas
- 2024 - November 19-21: Ernest N. Morial Convention Center New Orleans, New Orleans, Louisiana
- 2025 - November 19-21: Phoenix Convention Center, Phoenix, Arizona
- 2026 - November 4-6: Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center, Dallas, Texas
Society of American Military Engineers (SAME)
Founded in 1920, SAME unites public and private sector individuals and organizations from across the architecture, engineering, construction, environmental, facility management and maintenance, cybersecurity, project planning, contracting and acquisition, and related disciplines in support of national security. SAME leads collaborative efforts to identify and resolve national security infrastructure-related challenges. Learn more about SAME and how you can make a difference at www.same.org/join.