Health and Safety at SBCSAME continues to monitor the changing landscape in regard to COVID-19 protocols. Individuals attending SBC are not required to be vaccinated or provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test to gain access. This policy is in-line with updated Safer Federal Workforce and CDC guidance. SAME has the right to update this policy at any time at its sole discretion and will consult all applicable federal, state, local, and Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines and requirements in its decision-making process. If our policy or guidelines change, we will update this page so you have the most current information.
To safely accommodate SAME event participants, all participants are required to follow the guidelines in place at the time of the event, regardless of notification or date established, and by signing up to participate in an SAME event, you agree you understand and will abide by these guidelines as well as the SAME Code of Conduct.
- Participants must follow all local guidelines in place during the event. That means those set by local and state governments and the facilities being used.
- Current information about COVID-19 requirements and restrictions in San Antonio can be found HERE.
- Participants must adhere to the following SBC health and safety procedures:
- Do not attend if you test positive for COVID-19 within 5 days prior to arrival.
- If you are exposed to COVID-19 within five days prior to arrival, wear a high-quality mask during all activities.
- If you experience any symptoms of COVID-19 while at SBC, take a COVID-19 test and immediately quarantine if the result is positive. A testing room will be available on-site.
- All participants must follow all guidelines while traveling. That means those set by transportation carriers, airports, and other transportation facilities being used.
- All participants should follow everyday preventative actions to help prevent the spread of germs such as washing hands often or using sanitizer. Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the event and venue.
- Physical distancing, activity limits, and crowd density controls are currently not required. Should we need to implement these measures, this will be first managed by methods such as using limited, staggered, or rotating shifts and attendance times.
- Participants will abide by enforcement measures that may be in place at the time of the event, such as showing proof of vaccination, putting on a mask when requested, quickly adhering to directions to distance from others, etc.
- All individuals attending SBC must be eighteen (18) years of age or older. There are no exceptions to this policy.
SAME has the right to update this policy at any time at its sole discretion and will follow all applicable federal, state, local, and Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines and requirements.